Who We Are
SAMCEDA (San Mateo County Economic Development Association) was founded in 1953 to promote business issues that enhance and sustain the economic prosperity of our region and its local communities.
The message, "Business is Good, Business Brings Opportunity," remains timeless. The rapid pace of change locally, regionally, statewide, nationally and globally demands that SAMCEDA meet an ever-changing environment with information, ideas and tools our members can utilize to remain one step ahead.
What We Offer
- An influential voice and a seat at the table on issues that affect business, education, non-profits, and residents
- Direct communication with top federal, state, regional and local political leaders, and other stakeholders
- Established relationships with regional partners throughout the Bay Area including: the Bay Area Council, Joint Venture Silicon Valley, the Silicon Valley Leadership Group (SVLG), The Bay Planning Coalition, The San Francisco Peninsula, all Chambers of Commerce along the Peninsula and the San Francisco Bay Area Planning and Urban Research AssociatioN (SPUR)
- Access to valuable information on a timely basis regarding budgetary and fiscal stability with the state, regional and local jurisdictions, policy initiatives on multiple topics including transportation, housing, education, workforce development, technology, environment, healthcare, land use/zoning, and economic development that directly impact how business is done
- Up-to-date economic research prepared both internally and externally and drawn from multiple independent sources on San Mateo County, the greater Bay Area and the State of California
- Member Spotlights (who you are and what you do) are highlighted through various marketing tools utilized by SAMCEDA including all forms of social media, e-newsletter, website, and on our YouTube channel
- Ability to stay connected and engaged through monthly Housing, Land Use & Transportation and Public Policy Committee meetings, industry-specific roundtables, issue-based special convenings, and economic forums