Who We Are
SAMCEDA (San Mateo County Economic Development Association) was founded in 1953 to promote business issues that enhance and sustain the economic prosperity of our region and its local communities. The message, "Business is Good, Business Brings Opportunity," remains timeless. The rapid pace of change and locally, regionally, statewide, nationally and globally demands that SAMCEDA meet an ever-changing environment with information, ideas and tools our members can utilize to remain on step ahead.
What We Offer
- An influential voice and a seat at the table on issues that affect business, education, non-profits and residents.
- Direct access to top federal, state, regional and local political leaders along with other prominent stakeholders.
- Established relationship with regional partners throughout the Bay Area including Bay Area Council, Joint Venture, Silicon Valley Leadership Group, the San Francisco Peninsula (convention and visitors’ bureau) and SPUR.
- Strong partnerships with Chamber San Mateo County, San Mateo Area Chamber of Commerce, and Chambers from all the Peninsula cities that contribute day in and day out to our economic vitality.
- Access to valuable information on a timely basis regarding budgetary and fiscal stability with the state, regional and local jurisdictions, and policy initiatives on multiple topics including transportation, housing, education, workforce development, technology, environment, healthcare, land use/zoning and economic development that directly impact how business is done.
- Up-to-date economic research prepared both internally and externally and drawn from multiple independent sources in San Mateo County, the greater Bay Area and the State of California.
- Timely communication through social media and SAMCEDA's e-newsletter.